- Hilsha/Ilish fish 5 or 6 pieces
- Mustard seed 3 tbsp
- Onion 1pc (finely chopped)
- Green chili 4 to 5
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Salt (as per taste)
- Sugar (as per taste)
- Mustard oi
1. Soak mustard in water for about an hour and then grind it into a fine paste.
2. Clean the pieces of Ilish fish and placed it in a steel container box having lid.
3. Add the mustard paste to the fish and then add chopped onion, turmeric powder, slitted green chilis, salt and little sugar and finally 2 tbsp mustard oil mustard oil. Now mix the whole mixture so that the paste gets mixed thoroughly with the fish. Now close the lid of the container.
4. Heat a large pan and add about 4 cups of water. Now place the steel container inside the pan. Cover the pan and let it cook in high flame for about 5 minute and then reduced the flame and cook for another 12 to 15 minute (Check the level of water inside the pan at regular interval it shouldn’t get dried up).
5. In case of Microwave preparation, mix whole ingredient including the fish in a microwave safe closed container. Close the lid and cook it in microwave for 8 to 10 minute.
6. Serve hot with steam rice